THIS BLOG HAS MOVED!

In order to expand and reach more readers, I have moved Adventures of a Young Feminist to a new, self-hosted site! Please update your subscriptions, links, blogrolls, etc. The new site can be found at http://adventuresofayoungfeminist.com

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

50BPT: Haroun and the Sea of Stories

Cross posted from Deeply Problematic by RMJ. I am a little biased because this is one of my submissions to 50 Books for Problematic Times which is still accepting submissions. Other posts from this series will be cross posted here, but make sure you check out the whole series at the link above.

RMJ (aka Rachel McCarthy James) is a 23-year-old feminist and recent Hollins grad who lives in Virginia with her man and cats.

*******************


Haroun and the Sea of Stories by Salman Rushdie


Rushdie, a British Indian (male) novelist, is best known for the controversy over his book Satanic Verses, but this is one of my favorite books. It is technically a children's story, but it is written as a novel. This books reaffirms the beauty and need for stories and storytelling in society. While Rushdie is well known in society, this book spoke to me and inspired me to continue to tell my stories, whatever they may be, because every voice deserves to be heard and storytelling is an integral part of society.

0 comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin